Bob has served as a senior executive and consultant to healthcare organizations and academic institutions for more than 40 years. He has significant experience managing and advising both large and small development and communications programs, with an emphasis on healthcare providers, medical schools and academic medical centers. He has managed charitable gift and estate planning initiatives in a variety of settings.
- Vice President for Development at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York (MSKCC). Led 95 person team which raised over $200 million annually.
- Oversaw MSKCC’s comprehensive Planned Giving Program which raised over $35 million in realized planned gifts each year.
- Served as Executive Director of Ohio State University’s James Cancer Center Foundation and developed the fundraising plan for a new cancer hospital facility and related fundraising initiatives. Worked closely with the University’s planned giving director to develop several large, unique planned gift agreements.
- Executive Director of Memorial Health University Medical Center Foundation in Savannah, Georgia. Established new Planned Giving and Major Gifts program. Received largest planned gift commitment ever for the institution.
- Senior Vice President for Development and Communications at Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia. Created Planned Giving Committee and expanded estate planning initiatives. Received one of the largest planned gift commitments ever for the institution.
- Development consultant to several academic and healthcare institutions including University of California, San Francisco, Partners In Health, Boston., Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, Athens , Ohio.
- Served as Chair of National Association of Cancer Center Development Organizations. Volunteer advisor to numerous community philanthropic organizations.
- Bob received his B.A Degree from The University of Virginia and his M.A Degree from Rutgers University. He and his wife Terry have two sons and live in Savannah, Georgia.