A Strategic Approach to Planned Giving
Facilitate and celebrate more structured
and documented estate gifts.
You want to grow your gifts in wills program and secure more planned gifts.
And, you want legacy discussions with donors to be donor-centric and values-based.
At Heaton Smith, we partner with nonprofits to help them close the gap between their donors’ desire and capacity to give to heirs and to charity. Through our proven values-based legacy planning model, donors make important decisions regarding when and how they will support their heirs’ and the nonprofits most important to them.
Working with our exclusive Australian partners at Catalyst Fundraising and Philanthropy, Heaton Smith now offers this proven service to Australian NFPs and charities.
Values-based legacy planning includes the following steps:
- Discovery – a researched-based questionnaire; what’s important to a donor
- Clarity – Family Financial Philosophy that states a donor’s goals
- Decisions – donor-centric recommendations; includes gift instruments, timing of gift, and best assets to give to heirs and charity
- Implementation – meet with a donor’s advisors
- Documentation – more than 50 percent of donors with whom Heaton Smith works document a structured or estate gift with clients