Legacy Planning Services
Helping donors make a lasting impact through your organization
You want to secure more planned gifts. And, you want legacy discussions with donors to be donor-centric and values-based.
At Heaton Smith, we partner with nonprofits to help them close the gap between their donors’ desire and capacity to give to heirs and to charity. Through our proven values-based legacy planning model, donors make important decisions regarding when and how they will support their heirs’ journeys and the nonprofits most important to them.
Values-based legacy planning includes the following steps:
- Discovery – a researched-based questionnaire
- Clarity – Family Financial Philosophy that states a donor’s goals
- Decisions – donor centric recommendations
- Implementation – meet with a donor’s advisors
- Documentation – more than 50 percent of donors with whom Heaton Smith works document a blended or estate gift with clients