Community Foundation Development Services
Comprehensive Development Program Counsel
Creating meaningful impact with your
community foundation development program
Community Foundations are uniquely positioned to serve as a philanthropic hub of their communities, connecting generous donors with a broad range of community needs. Yet some community foundations struggle to achieve best practice in their development programs, structure and operations, and to increase their philanthropic reach. Heaton Smith provides comprehensive development program services to help you achieve the results of a high performing community foundation.
With Comprehensive Development Program Counsel, you will:
- Align your community foundation with asset development best practices
- Increase your internal capacity in donor-centric planning and gift planning knowledge and services for both lifetime and legacy gifts
- Align your community foundation with proven best practices in donor acquisition, donor relations, professional advisor outreach, and affiliate services.
- Build sustainability of funding for your community foundation and the organizations it serves.
All of Heaton Smith’s services are provided by our nationally-recognized team who bring their unique experiences and expertise in the community foundation area to work for you as we tailor our services to meet your needs, regardless of size. It is time to stop missing opportunities and instead build a more robust development program to support your community foundation.
Our Comprehensive Development Program Counsel Includes:
- Case statement
- Policies and procedures
- Gift agreements
- Donor-Facing Presentations
- Values-Based Legacy Planning
Internal Capacity Building
- Staff Training and Coaching
- Development Plan and Metrics
- Job Descriptions
- Prospect Cultivation
- Prospect Identification and Tracking
- Gift Planning Guide Desk®
- High-Level Stewardship Activities
- Legacy Society Protocols
- DAF Co-Funding Protocols and Strategies
- Donor Recognition
- Board and Committee Training
- Professional Advisors’ Outreach Strategy
- Professional Advisors’ Continuing Education
- Nonprofit Partner Support