1,837 licensed beds
2,000 physicians on medical staff
Discussions with planned giving prospects that respect their personal needs, family wealth transfer goals, and philanthropic capacity – as parents, grandparents, community citizens and donors. Legacy discussions would not simply focus on a gift to Norton.
The Starting Point
Development program on a healthy upward trajectory with yearly increases between 15 and 20 percent. Missed opportunities in gift planning as Foundations’ gift planning programs were stagnant. Leaders decided to act.
- Values-based legacy planning discussions with board members, senior System leadership, and consecutive-year giving donors with the highest affinity for Norton – particularly donors who are considered influencers.
- Launch a threshold legacy society called the Wade Mounz Legacy Society. A minimum $100,000 irrevocable estate gift requirement to join the Society. Host an annual dinner to recognize members.
- Gift planning training for major and planned giving staff.
- 115 Norton donors have irrevocably committed a minimum $100,000 estate gift.
- $45,000,000 in combined legacy commitments.
- Vehicles include bequests, charitable remainder and lead trusts, CGAs, life estates, and life insurance.