With more than 22 years of experience in the areas of tax compliance and in estate, charitable and tax planning, Elisa brings a wealth of knowledge to the Heaton Smith team. In addition, she has consulted with various nonprofit organizations and donors on gift planning.
- Tax and Estate Planning Manager for The Romine Group
- Director of Planned Giving for the Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend
- Vice President and Director of Financial Planning with STAR Wealth Management
- Member, the Indiana CPA Society
- President of the Planned Giving Council of Northeast Indiana
- Past President, Fort Wayne Estate Planning Council
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Partnership for Philanthropic Planning (formally the National Committee on Planned Giving).
- Former Board Member, the Catholic Community Foundation of Northeast Indiana
Elisa holds a Bachelor’s degree in business administration and accounting from Indiana University-Purdue University. She has also earned the Ethical Will Certified Facilitator designation. In addition to her work with Heaton Smith, Elisa has spoken on a wide variety of topics, including fiduciary income taxes, estate and charitable planning, and planned giving for organizations such as the Partnership for Philanthropic Planning, Lorman, Planned Giving Counsel of Northeast Indiana, and the Association of Fundraising Professionals of Northeast Indiana. She has also published articles in Planned Giving Today and Today’s Catholic.