Jim has served as a senior executive and consultant to healthcare organizations for more than 30 years. His experience includes managing fund development programs as well as leading the gift planning program for a five-hospital system located in Southern California. In addition, Jim co-founded The American Institute of Philanthropic Studies and has extensive experience in the implementation and management of complex charitable plans.
- President of Memorial Medical Center Foundation, Long Beach, California. Led and managed a 16-person team which was responsible for raising more than $13M annually.
- Vice President of Gift Planning at Memorial Health Services, Fountain Valley, California. Served as the primary planned giving expert for the five hospital system and its centers of excellence and related clinics. Implemented a system-wide gift planning program.
- Co-founder and faculty member of The American Institute of Philanthropic Studies (AIPS), Long Beach, California. AIPS is an independent, public educational foundation devoted to increasing awareness, training and participation of planned giving professionals and the legal, tax and financial communities in charitable giving. Successful completion of AIPS’s twelve courses awards participants the professional designation of “Certified Specialist in Planned Giving.”
- Published and co-edited “The Charitable Alternative” newsletter for gift planning professionals.
- Member of the Orange Coast Estate Planning and Trust Council and the Planned Giving Roundtable of Orange County.
- Board member of the Boys’ and Girls’ Club, Long Beach, Rancho Los Cerritos Foundation, California State University Long Beach 49er Foundation, and Farmers and Merchants Trust Company.
Jim and his wife reside in Costa Mesa, California.