A Senior Consulting Associate, Joe concentrates his efforts on secondary and higher education institutions and academic medical centers. He has more than 36 years of institutional advancement experience in higher education and academic medicine and fully appreciates and comprehends the complexities these organizations face in reaching regional and national constituencies.
- 40-plus years in philanthropic development and relationship-building for public and private academic institutions
- Vice Chancellor for Medical Development and Alumni Affairs at Duke University, where during his tenure, philanthropic gifts from individuals tripled and a $500 Million campaign was launched
- Vice President for University Advancement at the University of Louisville
- Director of Development at The University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
- Director of Development, University of Michigan Medical Center
- Junior and Senior development positions, University of Rochester, University of Chicago and Georgetown University in Washington, D.C.
Joe holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Education from Mount Saint Mary’s University in Emmitsburg, Maryland and a Master of Science degree in Liberal Studies from Nazareth College in Rochester, New York. He and his wife, Maureen, have one child. He is active in his community and is a member of the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP).